A few years ago, we started focusing on the “Internet of Printers” concept, assuming IoT would have changed the game in many industries. This is now happening faster and faster while printing moves to the Cloud, taking advantage of flexibility, scalability, and lower management costs.
With all its advantages, the cloud transition also brings new challenges, as companies are potentially exposing themselves to new cyber risks. This process has been accelerated after the pandemic, as remote working has become “the new normal”: the focus on ensuring the print infrastructure’s security has become an imperative requirement for all the industry.
“The Print Security Landscape, 2020” is the latest Report released by Quocirca, the global market insight and research firm. It reveals increasing concerns of more than 500 IT decision-makers in Europe and the US about the risks of printing and declining confidence in the ability to protect the print infrastructure against security breaches.
The Report focuses on the following key findings:
- In the past six months, two-thirds of organizations have experienced data losses due to insecure printing practices.
- IT security remains the top investment priority over the next 12 months.
- Ongoing reliance on printing creates the need for effective print security. 28% of organizations indicate that printing will be critical to their business in the next 12 months. As the hybrid workplace evolves, IT decision-makers need effective print security tools to minimize the risk of this expanded threat landscape.
- Almost 40% of IT decision-makers turn to Managed Security Service Providers (MSSPs) for print security advice.
Quocirca’s Report also includes detailed profiles of print security offerings from the major print manufacturers and key ISVs.
MPS Monitor has been analyzed in great detail in the Report. Here are some of the main findings that you can find in it:
- “MPS Monitor 2.0 is a cloud-based print management platform that offers a robust solution for MPS providers and channel partners to provide integrated print management to their customers.”
- “MPS Monitor provides an effective way for channel partners to deliver foundational print security management to their customers.”
- “MPS Monitor offers a comprehensive set of features to monitor a multi-vendor print and MFP environment remotely and adopts a holistic approach to the security of the entire print environment.”
To know more, download “The Print Security Landscape, 2020” Report by Quocirca